Sunday, July 13, 2014

Brick 101: Lessons from My Little Brother's Life (2nd installment)

(Maybe Brick thought we were all strong that we can weather life without him…

I wish I can say that I am strong.  My friends say I am.

But one of my good friend says even the strong crumbles in moments of intense unbearable pain.

That’s what this is, Brick…indescribable…But if I must describe it, it is a deep cut to my heart that is open and throbbing…my enlarged heart has grown so inflamed, it’s as if my chest could not hold it any longer….

Would the crying ever stop, Brick?)

2001, I had to go on training in Manila for 2-3 weeks. I had a hotel reservation but I chose to stay with him in his one-bedroom apartment. He stayed on a folding bed beside me for weeks. After work, he would either pass for me where my training was or we meet somewhere. Then we would buy lechon manok for dinner before going back to his apartment. Then we would have our usual "sometimes" senseless conversations over dinner and at times "naka-kamay". He took me to my first ride at the MRT. He actually took a picture of me before and during the ride. We would rent a videoke room in a mall and sing for an hour or two. He would love to sing to me, so he can show off how much his singing has improved...:) (And it really did!!!) While I sang, he would take a picture of me belting out a song of Zsa-Zsa Padilla...I knew no one would see me other than him so I sang my heart out...and I have the picture to prove it.

I went back to Davao and as soon as I was home, I received a call from Brick. It's like he perfectly timed my flight and the time I reach the house. The first thing he said was, " Parang nawalan ako ng girlfriend..." His way of saying, he already misses me.

In 2003, I struggled with my marriage. When I decided to end it, I was devastated. I had to get away. Bought tickets to Manila with my two boys, asked Trixie if she wanted to come. So all 5 of us boarded the plane for Manila. We of course stayed with Brick, Mama and Papa were already there with him. We had a great time! We took the kids to Enchanted Kingdom. Brick forced me to ride the bump car with Edman where he took a picture of me laughing so hard!!! We almost lost Tommy…he was only 2 years old then. We sang at a videoke, took a trip to a friend’s house in Sta. Rosa, Laguna…and most importantly, we went to church at Baclaran.

Whenever we were together, he made sure we had fun and that we...laughed.:)

Second lesson: LAUGH! Though your heart is aching..:)

No comments:

Post a Comment