Sunday, July 13, 2014

Brick's Cat Casper Died

Brick's cat, Casper, died yesterday...in cat years, Papa said he was 80 years old. 

We were all thinking, he just had to go after his master...

We all had a glimpse of him a day before he died. When I last saw him, he was outside our street, walking ever so slowly. They named him Casper for his white fur. I don't like cats that much. I can't remember why, maybe I was shunned from it because of my asthma? I don't know. 

Mama loves cats, she has three now. I recall her story about losing her cat in a fire in Manila when she was young. I guess Brick took it from Mama. He was also so fond of them. He brought Casper by plane to papa and mama years ago. 

It was Brick's 9th day, when one of mama's cats, Houdini, acted totally strange. Houdini has never come up to me in the months that he has been at Mama's house. He even scampers away whenever guests came. But that day, he jumped up on Bryan...one of Brick's closest buddies in high school. That move even surprised Bryan and he shouted, "BRICK!?"

And that wasn't everything, Houdini also jumped on the empty seat beside me. Sat for awhile then walked to my lap and settled. He kept moving his head on top of my hands as if asking to be stroked....and so I did. I found this so unusual. So "supernatural". 

I remember this movie by Keanu Reeves, Constantine. He used a cat to bring him to purgatory and back. They say that cats are "half-in, half-out", living in two realms...

Houdini usually sleeps outside the house and very rarely comes in. But during Brick's death, he walked all around the house. Purring and letting his body glide on papa's legs, sleeping beside mama. As we were talking on the bed, he would transfer from Trixie, to me, then back to Mama.

Psychology could explain our reactions another way. It could say that we are acting on our desperation or it may be just one of our coping mechanisms. But with the paranormal, it would be a whole different story, right?

One day, during breakfast, Kuya Mel told us that he used the comfort room after midnight...out of the corner of his eye, he saw Houdini... coming out of Brick's room.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment