Sunday, July 13, 2014

Burikot Forever

I'm a die-hard fan, my little brother...:) 

It seems at times I don't feel anything...when I see the framed picture of the two of us together in the morning, I say a prayer for you or I say hello. But...I still ask myself that question: "Wala na si Brick?" 

I guess this is how grieving is...you go through your normal routine. Day to day, you just go through the motions. You know that your life has to be lived even when there is something missing..SOMEONE missing. 

Don't even begin to think that we've forgotten about you. I cannot imagine how Papa and Mama feels every day, knowing they will not hear your voice...that they will not ever again be victim to your pranks and surprises.

It was Christmas eve and Trixie felt a tug in her heart when she heard the telephone ring...it was your way, you would call the landline because you knew that no one would hear their cellphones during the midnight Christmas greetings. But you know that they would not let the telephone ring endlessly.

I knew you were with us, Brick. A thought of you crossed my mind while I was preparing the fruit salad....and Trixie felt her hair raise when she remembered you as she was cooking...

Forever, Burikot...until we see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment