Saturday, September 24, 2011

18 again for the second time

It's my 36th birthday...my sisters and other family members kept teasing that this was going to be my saddest birthday. I did not anticipate it and I sort of dreaded the day.. Didn't plan on any parties or get-together like I normally do every single year. I guess they already know the reason why.

I kept thinking..how could I let ONE single event and decision ruin my chance to celebrate with my loved-ones? Why couldn't I realize that the one good reason enough to celebrate life is my family....

It was not fair to them...or anyone who loved me. I know that they only want me simply..to be happy. I know that I wouldn't have been able to go through all that I have been through without them. And my friends...oh,how they suffered listening endlessly about my difficulties, my heartaches.. :)

I know that I have to be reminded of how much they love me...I would only have to open my eyes and thank God for my family, my children, Tommy and Edman who make my heart soar (and at times, my blood to boil!!), my friends and special friends who have stood by me for more than two decades...

God is not finished with me yet...and even if I feel that the road that I'm treading is rough, I know that it's not going to be a lonely walk.

Thank you God for another year and for always showing me that I am not alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment