Saturday, September 24, 2011

Nothing Beats High School

This year’s reunion was so much FUN!!! Okay, I just sounded like a kid, right?? It’s because I felt like one. I felt young having seen and talked to my best buddies in class. Embraced two of my teachers, Math and Science, I guess. Our Guidance counselor is still Guidance counselor up to this day!! She gave a small speech which left us all feeling in those days again.

Randy Quilos and I were part of the Steering Committee for Program. He was emcee for the night as he was last year. He asked me before the program started to co-host with him and I declined but guess what?! When he was up on the stage after the prayer and all, he said “I am only the co-host, let me call our host…” and he mentioned my name?! (I’ll get you for that one of these days, Rands!! )

We had a live band playing and yes, I sang one song! I prepared a slideshow of pictures during our High School days and it was shown when I sang. Pictures were courtesy of Rommel (Our Alumni President) and Pareng Glenda (Our VP) and of course, MOI.
But unfortunately, the laptop didn’t feel like showing all the pictures! I thought I could get people to watch the slideshow, distract them a little so I wouldn’t feel too conscious. Hehe! (Hirap pala maging artista??) HAHA!

The dancing didn’t start until later…maybe when they have already downed a few bottles of SML. (San Mig Light). The band did great! Ground Zero was the band’s name. Don’t ask me if I got their name right. I also had a few bottles myself!! But one of the most memorable moments that night was Jason’s rendition of “Salamat”. As I told him a day later, it was fitting for the occasion. I forgot the band who sang the song. Trixie said it was “The Dawn”? I guess every one who was there was singing along…Nice

Well, there are a number of moments…some irky (for those who were beside me all night would know what I’m talking about) some truly unforgettable. By the way, we had batch mates who sent their pledges and sponsored the reunion. They had the chance to view parts of the program through Web Cast. Is that what they call it?? (Omar, help me out here!) We had bingo, too! Who said this was only for the oldies?! Pattern was BLACKOUT, prize was a sack of rice! :)

Raz (BFF since we were 14), was treasurer and in-charge of beer sales (and a lot of other things) enjoyed herself a little later. I had to demand that she get up from her chair!! Again, I’ll say it, we had so much FUN!!!

Even Anna Rose Cervo did, too… I admire this woman for the strength and courage she has… When some of us live our lives without zest, Anna does it very differently. Cheers, Ann! Be assured of my prayers and my friendship…

Glendz and Rommel, you did a GREAT JOB, we all did!! Batchmates and classmates, looking forward to the next reunion!! 2010 or will there be one next year?? CAN’T WAIT!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment