Saturday, September 24, 2011

Leaving The Way Open


I received some news which devastated me. I know that I should accept the fact that I cannot please everyone. That people will say the meanest of things and out of spite. You try to do good, be good, be at your best...but you will still get hurt. I wrote a note a few years ago and I've included it for printing. It's entitled "It's Your Choice". And now, I am still writing about the same topic..

I was angry..and hurt. I wanted desparately to avenge myself or say something but I know that anything I do out of anger won't help. Should these people's words really matter....

But then, God wanted to tell ME something...

This email was sent by Bon Patdu. I want to share this with you.

“Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave the way open for God's wrath; for it is written, Vengeance is Mine, I will repay requite, says the Lord” Romans 12:19

We all go through situations where we’re not being treated fairly. Maybe somebody is talking behind your back or trying to make you look bad, maybe you were overlooked for a promotion or cheated. When we’re being mistreated, the natural thing is to try to defend ourselves and set the record straight. Human nature wants to get even and get revenge. But the Bible says, “Vengeance is Mine… says the Lord.” That means God wants to make your wrongs right. He wants to pay you back for every unfair thing that has happened. He is a God of justice. Notice: you can either avenge yourself or you can let God be your avenger, but you can’t have it both ways. If you take matters into your own hands, then God is going to step back and say, “Go ahead, do it your way. Looks like you don’t need My help.” But on the other hand, if we choose to stay on the high road and say, “No, I’m going to let God be my avenger and trust God to bring justice into my life”, then you are leaving the way open for God to move mightily on your behalf.

God bless us!

No comments:

Post a Comment