Saturday, September 24, 2011

Happy Beginnings not Endings

Just came from a wedding where I was Candle sponsor. It is a special wedding because I was, you might say, one of the culprits. :) I was even introduced that way..hehe.
Yes, I, together with some of my former officemates, were instrumental in the couples' getting married...
I don't know if it's age (again) but a lot about weddings make me teary-eyed. It's a female thing, I guess.. but then again maybe not.
After what has happened to my marriage, I can't help but be sad for me and yet at the same time, happy for my friend who's taking the road I took not so long ago..
Oh,I know theirs wouldn't be as tumultous as mine was but I know that they'd go through some rough times, too. It is natural. Marriages are not made in heaven. We live on earth where anything can and will happen if you allow it.
I am happy for both my friends. I can see they are so much in love. Hand in hand. The priest asked them kindly to look into each others' eyes while they recite their marriage vows. Romantic...:)
I could always choose to be cynical about love and romance after all I've been through but I didn't. I choose to believe that there are still second chances, that there is still hope for true love, no matter how surreal it may seem.
Here's to happy beginnings, Bec-bec & Pareng Jules!!!
- Addie, May 5, '07

No comments:

Post a Comment