Saturday, September 24, 2011

Hope for...

Hope for the Filipino Government?

Never tried this topic before.. maybe because I thought it would be pointless.. I shy away from newspapers, I try to get news when I can from TV or from the internet.

I was with high school batch mates a few weeks ago at Raz's house. I am almost always absent from this get-together but that night, I was present!I just came from an illness and vowed to myself that I would stay only for an hour or so.

I'm glad I stayed longer. It was the first time I commented and expressed frustration about our government. I really didn't want to say anything. I wanted to stay silent and let the course of the conversation die down and switch to another topic.

But it didn't. I believe that a lot of Filipinos are waiting for a chance to be heard or make a difference. Some also, like me, may have just given up HOPE...I thought I lost hope. It was wrong, I know. What would it be like for my children? Would we just try migrating to another country? I have never thought about that years before...

There are a few politicians now worth listening to, with whom you would see the purity of their intentions...may we have more people running our country like that...and in the manner that our President Cory Aquino did.

I was struck by what I heard this morning from her eulogy...that she was proud to be Filipino. She has incorporated that in most of her speeches abroad...

I hope I have that same devotion... I hope for HOPE...

I still placed my right hand over my chest when our National Anthem was played this morning....

No comments:

Post a Comment