Saturday, September 24, 2011

If Only I Could Make Time Slow Down...


My son said that he felt different this morning.. but not in a bad way, he stressed. I just know he didn't want to get me worried.

He just turned 12 yesterday. He waited for 5:01 pm to announce the official changing of his age. He looked for his birth certificate to see what time he came to being! :)

He is already 5 foot tall and it was hard for me to imagine that I used to put him to sleep in my arms... that when he was 3 years old, he pressed the stop button of the escalator of JS Gaisano...or he drank a whole bottle of cold syrup and we ended up in the emergency room... and I remember the time he placed a pellet of his toy gun to his nose and got stuck so it needed an emergency operation. (They had to put him to sleep...) Or the time he hit his head on Mama's rectangular center table because he wanted to know how dizzy he will be by turning round and round. There was blood on his forehead and face! I was at work when I got a call about this!!

Now, he's all grown. I now go with him to his basketball games..buy him shirts for teens..buy gifts for girl friends' birthdays.. (they are just friends who are girls, Ma...) Compete for time at the computer because he said he needed to research about something in the internet. But somehow, knowing that he has a "chat-date"? I don't know if there is ever a word... although he will never admit it.

Time flies....

He went me with me to my high school reunion which lasted till midnight...and in time to greet him a happy birthday... I know, I know...just this one time.. :)

If only I could make time slow down......

No comments:

Post a Comment