Saturday, September 24, 2011

Twas a Long Day

I came home at 11:30 tonight…I know. It is not like me… I had reason.

My teammates from North arrived at 5am this morning. They had to attend a survey which was being done once a year. It was a tough day for me. Early today, I had an argument with a loved-one. I missed our morning prayer because I had to change my attire!! It took me awhile to find the right outfit to go with the new necklace I bought at the DAVCON Bazaar.(I just really love it!! The maker told me I had the ONLY piece).

I came to the office having to go through the day in a rush. I was on leave for 3 days…We went to Boracay.:) Before that, I was on a week-long training in Cebu where we witnessed a cyclone at signal no. 2!! Billboards crashing, tarpaulines tearing, motorcycles flying…No exageration!! While the storm was brewing, our trainor, who had prior knowledge of the storm forecast, still continued his chapter!!!!!! In my mind, I wondered what would happen if pieces of steel from structures came crashing through our glass at the 8th floor?!

Anyway, where was I? Oh, I came home at 11:30..YES. I went to my teammates’ hotel on the same street as my house. Brought them something to drink…Okay, it wasn’t water…:) So, one had to go to sleep ahead….while we were still up and talking and laughing….

It was a long day. Forgot to mention. This afternoon, being managers, we were asked to step out so that our people will be able to comfortably give feedback about our management…which was to me, a little discomforting. Twas my first time. :) I had to go home at 6:30 for an appointment (pahilot!) then I even have to join our heads of some departments from Manila for dinner……..aaarrrrgggh…. So before 8pm, I went to the dinner venue. Chatted then went back to the hotel on my street…. It was fun! We had a very good time LAUGHING at the smallest things….of course a little intoxication did that.. I said a little because if it were more, I wouldn’t be able to write this blog now…HAHAHA!:) (I'm not an alchoholic!!)

But I’m really writing this now because of one word…..it was the word I heard from my half-asleep son when I arrived home… I bent down and whispered in his ear, "Mama’s here"….paused….said it again. "Mama’s here"….. then I heard him say the word with his eyes closed……"Finally…"

It was a long day…………….my sons were waiting for me….

Addie, Dec. 4, 2007 Davao City

No comments:

Post a Comment