Saturday, September 24, 2011

Sun, Sand, Sea and a Fairy Tale Wedding

Malipano Island was just picturesque…tagging along my bodyguards, Edman and Tommy after an hour-long boat-ride.
This was the first wedding by the beach I’ve attended. The wind blowing, the coconut trees swaying with it…There by the villa’s terrace was the bride..my friend and college schoolmate, Merlyn. Posing in her beautiful white wedding dress, her veil flowing by the rail..photographer and cameramen below, shouting out instructions.. Lovely bride. They say that all brides look more lovely and radiant on their wedding day. It is really true.
As we walked on, there was a long red carpet leading to the chapel made of Bamboo. Kallalilies everywhere. What was surprising was, it was like we were in another place. Foreigners, most probably Merlyn’s groom’s family. People from all over the world, as I would say. Belgium, Vietnam, Hongkong…
With prophetic and angelic voices, the St. Francis of Assisi choir began their opening hymn in Italian…it was a glorious day! After the Bride and Groom kissed, we were all asked to proceed to the Pavillion. They didn’t need to tell us where because the path was all lined by colorful flowers on the grass…
Upon reaching it, my sons all rushed to another first, a Chocolate Fountain!! It was like a dream. The setting, the ambiance…live violin music playing…the sound of the waves…the wind…flowers everywhere…
I knew it wouldn’t be long before I shed another tear..it was time for the Dad and the daughter dance where I saw Merlyn cry…there I was, crying again (Weddings do this to me..I hate it). As if that wasn’t enough, while the newly weds danced their first, big, colorful butterflies were set free!! What an amazing sight…
A grandeous and lovely wedding it was.
My boys and I missed our boat ride at two, they didn’t mind it because they had a little extra time to look for hermit crabs on the sand. At four, our boat arrived and within seconds of sitting down, my two bodyguards, slowly lay down on each of my lap. Stretched out on the bench and snored to sleep..
I’m glad I brought them with me…to this sun, sand, sea and fairy tale wedding.
Thanks for inviting us, Merlyn and Koen…a long and happy marriage to both of you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment