Saturday, September 24, 2011

Gold Bracelet (More than Gold and Valentine's)

A few weeks ago,we were at a shopping mart when Edman pulled me to a glass showcase full of gold and silver jewelry. He wanted me to choose something from there. He was saying for weeks that he would buy me something that I liked and that I always say no.
This time, he brought with him his wallet with the money that he had saved during the holidays, monetary gifts from Ninangs and Aunts,his "baon" that he sets aside everyday...I am a happy and proud mother,you can say. :)
I didn't want to disappoint him but I wouldn't let him spend all his money on his gift for me so I took him to another department store where I saw this dress watch. Mura lang.(P200) :) Told him,"Edman, I like this one.." He reached for his wallet and gave me a P1,000 bill. I really was torn... My heart was soaring because my 9-yr-old son wants to buy ME something...but at the same time,felt guilty that he had saved that money!!
But he paid for it so eagerly..
I kissed him and said, "Thank you,Nak..." then he said,"You're welcome,Ma. Are you hungry? We could go buy some pizza!" :) Consider this as my advance Valentine's treat,he says.
I could almost cry...but I held it back. I was just so happy for him!! My son,all grown up..We got pizza slices,he bought donuts for his little brother,too..
Then he asked," Are you happy,Ma?"
I said,"Oh,yes,I am,Nak! Thank you! You made me happy and proud of you..."
He said,"I am sorry I didn't get you that Gold bracelet". I didn't realize how much he wanted to buy me that.
"I don't need that gold bracelet,Nak.." I have you.. but I wasn't able to say that because I wouldn't be able to fight back the tears and I would really want us to enjoy our advanced Valentine's celebration...
- Addie, Ozamiz City '06

No comments:

Post a Comment