Saturday, September 24, 2011

NDE

(I wrote this yesterday, June 20, 09 in CDO)

I am sipping a Choco-Mint Raspberry Smoothie as I am writing this. I have a few hours to go before my flight back home to Davao.

I have always seen my job as something that keeps me away from my boys. The night before I left for CDO, Edman asked me to quit! He said, "Quit your job,Ma" He had to say it again before falling off to sleep. "Quit your job,Ma.."

Here I am contemplating for days as I am going about my responsibilities as manager. But somehow, my mind finds its way back to my son's statement...

A litany of reasons why and why NOT!

But I wouldn't go to that now as I am having my quiet time. Oops, it's not actually quiet. I am in Limketkai Mall and it is about as noisy as my thoughts!! :)

A lot of people walking past me in the last few minutes. They seem to look happy? Maybe shopping does that. I did some retail therapy myself. Guilty...

Maybe I should just follow their lead. Walk without a care in the world. Enjoying the weekend and stop thinking these dreary thoughts.

Wait, this smoothie is really good... :)

P.S.

That should really be my ending but my plane ride was horrendous....I thought I wouldn't make it back home alive. Call it "exag" but it was a 10-second or more turbulence. The plane swayed left to right. Promise!!! Then shook a number of times. I thought of Edman and Tommy, felt helpless and just surrendered...all I could do was pray to God for help..

Whew.... God is good. Maybe it's just not my time yet and that I should be happy to be alive!!!
I've been watching too many Air Crash investigation episodes...........

No comments:

Post a Comment