Saturday, September 24, 2011

Everyday is Mother's Day

I’ve been receiving text greetings since 7 this morning and I’ve been sending replies eversince I woke up which was at 9? :) Lazy day.

There is really not much difference today being Mother’s Day. I just realize that there is this day, to remind us mothers to STOP, pat ourselves on the back and say,"Hey, ME, I’ve been doing a great job!!":)

I have been depressed lately.. working hard at work, trying my best to be a mother to my growing boys, looking for my place in the world. I pray. I try to talk to God about it. It just seems that the world is quite heavy on my shoulders.

Being a mom IS tough. I scolded my eldest at the table this morning because he wouldn’t let his younger brother borrow his Simpson’s digest. (I know, this was Eide’s doing. I’m not really into Simpson’s). I told them that it was still early in the morning and I’ve already begun "refereeing". I explained to Edman that he must learn not to be selfish to his little brother. He can do it to his friends why not to Tommy? Sometimes, I run out of reasons and explanations.

Edman is a good, thoughtful and sensitive little man. He has gift-wrapped his three gifts with coupon bond. He gave me these way in advance! He also asked for money yesterday (the money that I owe him) for him to buy me a gift at GMall. I told him that his gifts were more than enough already…

His gifts? Note pads with holes he made himself with a puncher and bound together with a purple yarn. The pads were in three different sizes. He named the pad "TEK notes". T for Tommy, E for Edman and K for Kyle (their cousin). I couldn’t stop smiling.

Tommy, with not a care in the world, held up his hands to my shoulders, kissed me then greeted me a Happy Mother’s Day. :) while reminding me that he really liked the Set of 3 Naruto action figures in GMall…sigh. :)

We may feel low but our children gives us reason to pick ourselves up…When I’m weak, I tell myself I have to be strong. I don’t want my kids to see me cry…I don’t want them to worry about me.

I know I have a lot of things to be grateful for. (and I’m sorry,Lord, that I don’t see it at times..) Please give us strength to endure all trials, continue to look beyond ourselves, to be the best that we can be in all the roles that we have in this life….especially that of being a mother. Amen.

For me, every day is mother’s day. :) Happy Mother’s Day, moms!!

Addie, Davao City, May 10, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment