Saturday, September 24, 2011

Sybil

I saw her a few months ago in Davao. I thought there was something different about her. She wasn't her usual vibrant,enthusiastic self. Told myself maybe she had some things on her mind or that she was distracted because there were some people with her. If only I had known that in the next few months she was going to die.....
I would have made an effort to get in touch with her...tried to get to know her some more...but all that is really futile now. And it's usually in the end that we have those regrets. She died Saturday. I just learned last night. Cancer...they found out too late. She was my age...
It's so coincidental that my son would say,as we were driving home from school,"Ma,I hope you will live longer..I'm still 8 and you're already 33..." It may be funny but REAL. He is talking about something that is certain. Death is certain. But time is not...just like Sibyl's..
Sibyl..I hope you're happy now where you are. Send our love to our Creator. Tell HIM to grant us wisdom to know that our life here on earth is indeed short and that we should spend it with LOVE....

No comments:

Post a Comment