Saturday, September 24, 2011

Birds and Freedom

After playing the whole afternoon, Tommy said he and his kuya were going to their room to take a nap. It was an unusual statement..I just let them be. Eide and I were watching in the other room and we wondered why it was too quiet.

When they were alone together, they would get into a fight in seconds! So curiousity got the better of me. Knocked and opened the door to their room. There on the bed…was a nest! With two tiny birds. Maya. So that’s why they weren’t interested in getting in each other’s nerves…:)

As I am writing this, I feel that one bird is looking at me.:) I know how fragile they are and that they wouldn’t survive. I told the boys last night.

They want to keep it. Edman has been dreaming and saving for lovebirds.

How do you explain that animals or birds should be free? When we have dogs tied, fishes in the aquarium,turtles in the pond...

What is it with birds that I feel that they should be free?? At breakfast, we explained to them that no matter how they tried to feed them, it wouldn’t be enough. Tommy even asked Manang to look for worms the moment he opened his eyes this morning…

They want to take care of them, I can see that. But after all the reasoning we did, Eide’s explanation stuck the most.

He asked, how would they feel if they were the birds and they were taken away from their mother and she was already looking for them…:) My boys fell silent.. kawawa naman…

We all agreed to let them go when they got back from school this afternoon. :)

Addie, March 20, 2007, Ozamiz City

No comments:

Post a Comment